Dasatinib can be seen as one of the preferred medicines for the procedural treatment of CML-CP (chronic-phase Chronic Myeloid Leukemia) in salvage and frontline settings. It has been observed that 50 mg of Dasatinib is more effective and tolerated than 100 mg of the daily dose. This was concluded after studies of various cases and their responses.
What is Dasatinib?
Dasatinib is a drug used for the treatment of cancer. This drug is used to treat certain cases of leukemia, which is a type of cancer. It can be taken via mouth. The original brand of Dasatinib is Sprycell. Our brand of this drug is Dasakast50. Sprycell 50 mg drug can be used for patients who cannot take other medicines due to side effects or other reasons.
DASAKAST 50 (Dasatinib 50 mg)tablet has the flexibility to be taken with or without a meal, but taking it at a fixed time of the day provides you with the maximum benefits. The doctor will decide upon the frequency of the medicine. Taking excess dosages or improper intake can cause harmful side effects. It can take several months or weeks to begin to show its effects. So, act according to your doctor’s instructions and don’t act according to your own will.
Usage of DASAKAST 50 (Dasatinib 50 mg) Tablet
The dose of DASAKAST 50 (Dasatinib 50 mg) should be taken as advised by your doctor. You can swallow the tablet as a whole. There is no need to break, crush, or chew it. It can be taken with or without a meal, but is advised to take it at a particular time of the day.
If there is a case when you miss a dosage of DASAKAST 50 (Dasatinib 50 mg), then there is no need to double the next dose of the medicine. You can just skip that dose and carry on with the normal schedule you have been following.
Many of the side effects that occur while taking this medicine, do not require any particular medical treatment and disappear when your body gets used to DASAKAST 50 (Dasatinib 50 mg) medicine. You can also discuss with your doctor if your side effects worsen in any case.
Some of the usual side effects caused by DASAKAST 50 (Dasatinib 50 mg) tablet are:
- Anemia (decrease in the number of RBCs)
- Abdominal pain
- Breathing problems
- Low blood platelets
- Musculoskeletal pain
Working of tablet and quick tips
DASAKAST 50 (Dasatinib 50 mg)acts as an anti-cancer medicine. The working of the tablet is justified by blocking the activity of atypical proteins, giving a signal to cancer cells to multiply themselves. Dasakast50 helps to stop or slow down the multiplication or growth of cancer cells.
- The side effects may include diarrhea, so drink large amounts of fluid, and discuss with your doctor if it gets more severe.
- While taking this medicine, use a proper contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy and a month after stopping the medicine.
- Take note of your blood pressure variation while using this medicine and inform the doctor if facing symptoms of high blood pressure.
- It may also cause some bleeding problems. If you face problems like stomach pain, headaches, or blood in stools or urine, you should inform your doctor immediately.
- It is advised to avoid this medicine if you are planning to conceive, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- DASAKAST 50 (Dasatinib 50 mg) is not advised during pregnancy, as it is unsafe for the developing baby. You can consult your doctor for exceptional cases.
- It is not safe to take the medication while breastfeeding, as it may cause toxicity to the baby.
- It is advised not to drive while using DASAKAST 50 (Dasatinib 50 mg), as it affects driving or concentration abilities.